Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
EAT YOUR LANDSCAPE
Saturday, April 24, 2010 from 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM (PDT)
Palo Alto, CA
Nancy Garrison Saturday, April 24
10:30 – 12:30 $31
Learn how to replace strictly ornamental plants with edible ones that fill a similar design niche. This might include substituting Chilean guava for a boxwood hedge or a persimmon for a large ornamental tree. How about strawberries instead of Vinca, or avocado for a camphor tree? The idea is to grow plants with dual purposes – creating an aesthetically pleasing landscape with ornamental edibles. Nancy started the Master Gardener Program in Santa Clara County in 1982 and coordinated it until 2004 when she went out on her own with her business called All Things Edible. She currently does professional fruit tree pruning and provides professional garden consultations to help people to grow as much in their yards as possible.
When & Where
Common Ground Garden Supply and Education Center
Creating Abundance in Community
- hands-on classes and events in organic gardening and sustainable lifestyles
- seeds and plant starts - hundreds of edible, medicinal, native and ornamental varieties
- organic composts, fertilizers and mulches - a broad selection
- tools and natural disease and pest control products - the highest quality
- books, magazines, cards, and gift items
- volunteer opportunities and new friends.